2023 - McLeod's Daughters stars Bridie Carter and Lisa Chappell's inside scoop on the McLeod's reboot

The famous TV sisters are ready to return to Drover's Run.

« Older   Newer »

Logie Member

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Millions of fans will rejoice to learn that a sequel to the incredibly popular drama series McLeod's Daughters could soon be back on our TV screens, with the script already written, locations chosen and the original stars lining up to join the cast!
    And fan favourites Bridie Carter, 52, and Lisa Chappell, 54, who played sisters Tess and Claire McLeod, could lead the charge of returning stars – even though Claire was killed off in one of the most watched deaths on Australian television!
    Bridie also recently teased fans by asking what they thought happened to Tess and her husband Nick – who was played by heartthrob Myles Pollard –after they moved to Argentina, when it was revealed that Nick had survived a plane crash in South America.
    "What would they be doing today? Right now, in Argentina. Who have they become, what roads have they traversed together? How have they changed? How are they the same?" she asked the thousands of diehard fans she regularly updates on social media.
    "She was always open, always positive, always forward-moving in her life. She certainly had her ups and downs, her questions, her stumbles, like all of us. But the one thing the writers gave her was tenacity, resilience and the absolute ability to never give up - no matter what.
    "I certainly can learn a lot from Tess. I did. I do. And we can take comfort from her, that life is full of ups and downs and unknowns and sometimes, we just have to ride the wave."
    That "wave" could see Bridie, Lisa and their fictional half-sister, Jodi Fountain-McLeod (played by Rachael Carpani, 42) return for the much anticipated reboot, along with stars like Aaron Jeffery, 52, and Myles, 50, who played the sons of landed gentry and became heartthrobs.
    Myles says McLeod's Daughters, which captivated Australia for eight seasons from 2001 to 2009 on Nine, remains one of the "most incredible experiences of my life" and that he has nothing but gratitude and fond memories of Drovers Run.
    The beauty of the reboot, which has a working title of The McLeods Of Drovers Run, and was initially conceived as a movie but could end up a new TV series, is that it will blend "past, present and future", according to creator Posie Graeme-Evans.

DEAL SIGNED
    Posie confirmed three years ago that she was working on a feature film based on the series, and late last year signed a "multi-year deal" with new Australian studio Dreamchaser, which is run by former Nine Entertainment CEO Hugh Marks, fuelling speculation it could become a TV series.
    "We're just at the beginning, the very beginning, but we're on our way. No promises but I have such a good feeling about this. Hope I'm right," she posted on Instagram.
    Posie let slip intriguing details about the reboot, including that it will be part prequel and part sequel, and include the "origin story" of how the McLeods came to South Australia from the Scottish highlands in the 1850s.
    "We've found, in the present, a massive arc that weaves one white horse brought from Scotland long ago to brumbies on Drovers Run today," she reveals, joking that she would "blend the past, the present and the future into one coherent whole or die trying".
    Posie also paid tribute to the millions of loyal McLeods fans around the globe, admitting the reboot was thanks to their many posts, messages and loyalty.
    "Without you all, all over the world, we'd never have come this far," she says.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/...rs-reboot-78119

Traduzione
    McLeod's Daughters. Bridie Carter e lo scoop di Lisa Chappell sul rebot de Le Sorelle McLeod
    Le famose sorelle televisive sono pronte a tornare a Drover's Run.

Milioni di fan si rallegreranno nell'apprendere che un sequel della famosissima serie drammatica McLeod's Daughters potrebbe presto tornare sui nostri schermi televisivi, con la sceneggiatura già scritta, le location scelte e le star originali in fila per unirsi al cast!
    E le preferite dai fan Bridie Carter, 52 anni, e Lisa Chappell, 54 anni, che interpretavano le sorelle Tess e Claire McLeod, potrebbero guidare l'accusa del ritorno delle star, anche se Claire è stata uccisa in una delle morti più seguite dalla televisione australiana!
    Bridie ha anche recentemente preso in giro i fan chiedendo cosa pensavano fosse successo a Tess e suo marito Nick - interpretato dal rubacuori Myles Pollard - dopo che si erano trasferiti in Argentina, quando è stato rivelato che Nick era sopravvissuto a un incidente aereo in Sud America.
    "Cosa farebbero oggi? In questo momento, in Argentina. Chi sono diventati, quali strade hanno attraversato insieme? Come sono cambiati? In cosa sono uguali?" ha chiesto alle migliaia di fan irriducibili che aggiorna regolarmente sui social media.
    "Era sempre aperta, sempre positiva, sempre in movimento nella sua vita. Certamente aveva i suoi alti e bassi, le sue domande, i suoi inciampi, come tutti noi. Ma l'unica cosa che gli sceneggiatori le hanno dato è stata la tenacia, la resilienza e il capacità assoluta di non arrendersi mai, qualunque cosa accada.
    "Certamente posso imparare molto da Tess. L'ho fatto. Lo faccio. E possiamo trarre conforto da lei, che la vita è piena di alti e bassi e incognite e, a volte, dobbiamo solo cavalcare l'onda."
    Quella "ondata" potrebbe vedere Bridie, Lisa e la loro sorellastra immaginaria, Jodi Fountain-McLeod (interpretata da Rachael Carpani, 42) tornare per il tanto atteso riavvio, insieme a star come Aaron Jeffery, 52, e Myles, 50, che interpretava i figli della nobiltà terriera e diventava rubacuori.
    Myles dice che McLeod's Daughters, che ha affascinato l'Australia per otto stagioni dal 2001 al 2009 su Nine, rimane una delle "esperienze più incredibili della mia vita" e che non ha altro che gratitudine e bei ricordi di Drovers Run.
    La bellezza del riavvio, che ha un titolo provvisorio di The McLeods Of Drovers Run, ed è stato inizialmente concepito come un film ma potrebbe diventare una nuova serie TV, è che fonderà "passato, presente e futuro", secondo il creatore Posie Graeme-Evans.

AFFARE FIRMATO
    Posie ha confermato tre anni fa che stava lavorando a un lungometraggio basato sulla serie, e alla fine dell'anno scorso ha firmato un "contratto pluriennale" con il nuovo studio australiano Dreamchaser, gestito dall'ex CEO di Nine Entertainment Hugh Marks, alimentando la speculazione potrebbe diventare una serie TV.
    "Siamo solo all'inizio, proprio all'inizio, ma siamo sulla buona strada. Nessuna promessa, ma ho un buon feeling con questo. Spero di avere ragione", ha postato su Instagram.
    Posie si è lasciata sfuggire dettagli intriganti sul riavvio, incluso il fatto che sarà in parte prequel e in parte sequel, e includerà la "storia delle origini" di come i McLeod arrivarono nel South Australia dagli altopiani scozzesi negli anni '50 dell'Ottocento.
    "Abbiamo trovato, nel presente, un enorme arco che intreccia un cavallo bianco portato dalla Scozia molto tempo fa ai brumbies su Drovers Run oggi", rivela, scherzando sul fatto che avrebbe "mescolato il passato, il presente e il futuro in uno insieme coerente o morire provandoci".
    Posie ha anche reso omaggio ai milioni di fedeli fan di McLeods in tutto il mondo, ammettendo che il riavvio è stato grazie ai loro numerosi post, messaggi e lealtà.
    "Senza tutti voi, in tutto il mondo, non saremmo mai arrivati così lontano", dice.

0 replies since 15/7/2023, 19:08   58 views